Youth Ambassadors is a City program designed to actively engage youth ages 13–15 who are not yet eligible to sit on Leduc Youth Council but have an interest in getting involved and learning more about local government.
Ambassadors are invited to attend a few Leduc Youth Council meetings each year and can provide input and ideas for consideration. They can also schedule one-on-one meetings with Youth Council members throughout the year to help plan Youth Council programs and events.
Upon turning 16, Youth Ambassadors are strongly encouraged to apply to participate on Leduc Youth Council.
- Learn about local government and how to make a difference in the world around you
- Get to know a member of Leduc City Council who supports Youth Council
- Develop new skills while having fun and making new friends
- Be made aware of volunteer opportunities in the community
- Have a competitive edge when applying to participate on Leduc Youth Council
- Looks great on a resume
How to participate
Apply to become a Youth Ambassador and check out the Youth Council Instagram page @leducyouthcouncil.