2017 Leduc Census
Once again, it’s time to complete the City of Leduc’s Annual Municipal Census. The Census is your opportunity to take action and help shape your community.
The Census is an important step in helping the City, businesses and school boards make informed decisions on programs and services used by all residents of Leduc. The Census also ensures that the City of Leduc receives a fair share of funding from other levels of government.
Every Leduc household will receive a letter in the mail with their unique personal identification number (PIN) required to participate in the online Census, which starts Saturday, April 1, 2017. From April 1 – May 30, the Leduc Public Library will have a dedicated computer for residents to complete the census online during library hours. If you need to use that service, please ensure you bring this letter with you as you will need your unique pin.
City staff will be on-site at the Library during the following times in case you require assistance with completing the census:
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 10am – noon
- Thursday, April 13, 2017, 4pm – 6pm
- Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 10am – noon
Starting Saturday, April 22, Census Workers will be visiting households that have not completed the municipal census online. Census Workers will have photo ID and will have undergone police security checks.
Contact the City Clerk’s Office at Census-Support@leduc.ca or 780-980-7177 should you have any questions.
What’s New for 2017?
- Census Workers had the option and convenience to apply online via the City website. This significantly improved the hiring process and saved the City on advertising dollars.
- We’ve added a section on the Census Worker Application to “opt in” to work the upcoming election and future Census’. This will save time and resources in the hiring process come election time this October, and for next year’s Census.
- In addition to wearing City of Leduc employee badges, Census Workers are all required to clear a criminal record check. Communicating this messaging to our community will help discern City staff and mitigate stress caused by the current issue of the door-to-door scammers in our neighbourhoods.
The Federal Census
The City of Leduc Municipal Census is NOT related to the Census done by the Federal Government pursuant to the Statistics Act (Canada). The Federal Census collects different information than the Census and is conducted once every 5 years in the month of May. In the Federal Census, Census Questionnaires are mailed to every household in Canada. Households who do not complete their questionnaire are visited by a Census Taker.