Organize a block party
Please note: Block Party season is now closed. Please check back in the spring for info about the 2019 Block Party program.
A neighbourhood block party is the perfect opportunity for you and your family to make new friends, plan activities, and feel more connected to your community. The City of Leduc is happy to allow block parties on selected residential streets and offers resources to assist you with planning your event.
To help make your block party a success please note the following:
- Locations: The best locations to host a block party are cul-de-sacs, parks and green spaces. Local roadway closures may be permitted. Road Closure permit approvals are subject to safety and your neighbours' approval. As your safety is our priority, some road closure requests may not be accommodated but we will do our best to provide other options. Please see our collector routes map indicating roads that cannot be closed so that vehicles can safely enter neighbourhoods.
- First Responder Attendance: Did you want to be a firefighter when you grew up? Or have you ever wanted to see the inside of a police car? You may now request the attendance of our City's first responders to join you at your block party! This is a great opportunity to learn about all they do in our community. Attendance will be based on availability the day of the event as emergency calls must take priority.
- Planning Your Party: Before you start planning your block party, please download and read the files below. If you have more questions, please call our Events and Booking team at 780-980-7118.
- Booking Your Party: To book your party, Block Party Hosts must submit the following to the Events & Booking Department.
- Complete a Block Party Request
- If requesting a road closure, complete a temporary road closure permit, including a map of the location
- Submit a completed Neighbour Road Closure Agreement. A minimum of 25% of the area blocked must sign-up in agreement.
- To assist in your block party, the City of Leduc requires a minimum of 14 days' notice.
Once you book your block party:
The City will help you to plan your party to ensure a safe and legal event.
Upon road closure permit approval, the organizer of the blockp arty can sign out barricades at the City of Leduc Operations Building, located at 4300 56 Ave at the front reception for FREE. The barricades will be available to be picked up during business hours Monday to Friday (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.). If your event is on the weekend you can pick the barricades up on the Friday and return them on the following Monday.
Thank you to Coldwell Banker Haida Realty for supporting “Rock Your Block!”