Organize a block party
A neighbourhood block party is the perfect opportunity for you and your family to make new friends, plan activities, and feel more connected to your community. The City of Leduc is happy to allow block parties on selected residential streets.
Thank you to Safeway Leduc for supporting "Rock Your Block!"
Hello Block Party Planners!
We are very excited to be assisting you with your Block Party this year. As you may have noticed, we have made a few changes to the process to ensure your Block Party is a safe and successful event. These changes include:
- Branding: We are excited to reveal our Block Party brand: "Rock Your Block!" Block Parties are a great way to meet your neighbours and build safe and vibrant neighbourhoods. With this we have revamped our block party kit, added new template forms to make planning a party easier, and created a new online form.
- Barricades: Another new process is our Block Party Barricades. The organizer of the Block Party can simply sign the barricades out at the City of Leduc Operations Building, located at 4300 56 Ave at the front reception for FREE. The barricades will be available to be picked up during business hours Monday to Friday (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.). If your event is on the weekend you can pick the barricades up on the Friday and return them on the following Monday.
- Gift Cards: Book your block party in the month of May and be entered to win a gift card!
- First Responder Attendance: Did you want to be a firefighter when you grew up? Or have you ever wanted to see the inside of a police car? New this year you may now request the attendance of our City's first responders to join you at your Block Party! This is a great opportunity to learn about all they do in our community. Thank you to all of our first responders for keeping our streets safe!
- City of Leduc Road Closure Permission: Local roadway closures may be permitted for a Block Party. Road Closures permit approvals are subject to safety and your neighbours approval. As your safety is our priority, some road closure requests may not be accommodated and we will do our best to provide options. Best locations to host a block party are cul-de-sacs, parks and green spaces!
To request a road closure, Block Party Hosts must submit the following to the Events & Booking Department:
>> Complete a Block Party Request
>> Complete a Temporary Road Closure Permit including a map of the location
>> Submit a completed Neighbour Road Closure Agreement. A minimum 25% of the area blocked must sign-up in agreement.
Upon approval, the organizer can pick-up & return barricades Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the City of Leduc Operations Building (4300 56 Ave - Main Reception). Please note that Saturday and Sunday Block Party's pick-up on Friday, and return on Monday.
- To assist in your Block Party, the City of Leduc requires a minimum of 14 days notice.
Rock Your Block
Before you start planning your block party, please download and read the files below. If you have more questions, please call us at 780-980-7181.
- Block Party Planning Kit
- Block Party Invitation Kit
- Block Party Sign-Up Sheet
- Temporary Road Closure Permit Application
- Block Party Activity Ideas
Once you book your block party, you'll get:
- A handy Neighbourhood Block Party Kit with ideas and suggestions for your party.
- Assistance with your road closure to ensure a safe and legal celebration.
- Barricades available for pick up at the City of Leduc Operations Building.
- Chance to win a gift card (for all parties booked in the month of May).
How the City will help
- Assistance with your Road Closure Permit to ensure a safe and legal event
- Barricades available for pick up at the City of Leduc Operations Building
- Chance to win one of five gift certificates for all parties booked in May
- Picnic table rentals ($20 per unit)