Organize a block party
A neighbourhood block party is the perfect opportunity for you and your family to make new friends, plan activities, and feel more connected to your community. The City of Leduc is happy to allow block parties on selected residential streets.
Hello Block Party Planners!
We are very excited to be assisting you with your Block Party this year. As you may have noticed, we have made a few changes to the process this year to ensure your Block Party is a safe and successful event. These changes include:
- Branding: We are excited to reveal our Block Party brand: "Rock Your Block!" Block Parties are a great way to meet your neighbours and build safe and vibrant neighbourhoods. With this we have revamped our block party kit, added new template forms to make planning a party easier, and created a new online form.
- Barricades: Another new process this year is our Block Party Barricades. The organizer of the Block Party can simply sign the barricades out at the City of Leduc Operations Building, located at 4300 56 Ave at the front reception for FREE. The barricades will be available to be picked up during business hours Monday to Friday (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.). If your event is on the weekend you can pick the barricades up on the Friday and return them on the following Monday.
- Gift Cards: For the gift cards this year, rather than awarding them to the First 5 Applicants, we are going to be entering all of our May applications into a draw to ensure that some of the newer Block Party Hosts have opportunities to win as well.
- Social Media Contest: We're excited to announce our Rock Your Block social media contest this year. We want you to share your party pictures with us on facebook or twitter so we can showcase all of our neighbourhoods that are having block parties and enriching our community. We will be sending out the rules and appropriate tags for the contest shortly, so make sure you take tons of photos as they could help you be the City of Leduc 2016 Rock Your Block party of the year!
Rock Your Block
Before you start planning your block party, please download and read the files below. If you have more questions, please call us at 780-980-7181.
- Block Party Planning Kit
- Block Party Invitation Kit
- Block Party Sign-Up Sheet
- Temporary Road Closure Permit Application
- Block Party Activity Ideas
Once you book your block party, you'll get:
- A handy Neighbourhood Block Party Kit with ideas and suggestions for your party.
- Assistance with your road closure to ensure a safe and legal celebration.
- Barricades will be dropped off up to 2 days before and picked up up to 2 days after your event (depending on availability. Barricades may not be available when large community events, such as Black Gold Pro Rodeo and Canada Day, are being held).
- Chance to win one of 5 gift certificates (if you are one of the first 5 parties booked when registration opens).
How the City will help
- Assistance with your Road Closure Permit to ensure a safe and legal event
- Barricades to be dropped off before and picked up after your event (please note that barricades are subject to availability)
- Chance to win one of five gift certificates for the first five applications received
- Picnic table rentals ($20 per unit)