Organize a block party
A neighbourhood block party is the perfect opportunity for you and your family to make new friends, plan activities, and feel more connected to your community. The City of Leduc is happy to allow block parties on selected residential streets.
Thank you to Coldwell Banker Haida Realty for supporting “Rock Your Block!”
We are very excited to be assisting you with your Block Party this year. Registration Opens May 1st, 2018. Book your Block Party in the month of May and be entered to win a grocery gift card!
To help make your block party a success please note the following:
- Locations: Best locations to host a block party are cul-de-sacs, parks and green spaces! Local roadway closures may be permitted for a Block Party. Road Closure permit approvals are subject to safety and your neighbour’s approval. As your safety is our priority, some road closure requests may not be accommodated and we will do our best to provide other options. Please see our collector routes map indicating roads that cannot be closed so that vehicles can safely enter neighborhoods.
- First Responder Attendance: Did you want to be a firefighter when you grew up? Or have you ever wanted to see the inside of a police car? You may now request the attendance of our City's first responders to join you at your Block Party! This is a great opportunity to learn about all they do in our community. Their attendance will be based on availability day of because of course emergency calls are their top priority. Thank you to all of our first responders for keeping our streets safe!
- Planning Your Party: Before you start planning your block party, please download and read the files below. If you have more questions, please call us at 780-980-7181.
- Booking Your Party: To book your party, Block Party Hosts must submit the following to the Events & Booking Department.
- Complete a Block Party Request
- If requesting a road closure, complete a temporary road closure permit, including a map of the location
- Submit a completed Neighbour Road Closure Agreement. A minimum of 25% of the area blocked must sign-up in agreement.
- To assist in your Block Party, the City of Leduc requires a minimum of 14 days' notice.
Once you book your block party:
The City will help you to plan your party to ensure a safe and legal event
Upon road closure permit approval, the organizer of the Block Party can sign out barricades at the City of Leduc Operations Building, located at 4300 56 Ave at the front reception for FREE. The barricades will be available to be picked up during business hours Monday to Friday (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.). If your event is on the weekend you can pick the barricades up on the Friday and return them on the following Monday.
You will be entered to win a gift certificate courtesy of Coldwell Banker Haida Realty (for all parties booked in May)